Trout Opener Event & Movie Night
Date of Event: Saturday, April 15, 2017
Since opening our doors in the Spring of 2013, Confluence Fly Shop has enjoyed tremendous love and support from the Central Oregon fly fishing community and beyond. For this, we wanted to extend a special thank you to everyone who has helped us enjoy four years of steady growth. Come join us for a day of “COMMUNITY”, “EDUCATION”, and “CONSERVATION” at the 2017 TROUT OPENER CELEBRATION EVENT.
Between 10am and 6pm, get started at Confluence Fly Shop… enjoying special “one-day only” promotions/sales, fly-tying demonstrations, opportunities to meet reps & pros from various industry leading companies, and instructional casting clinics offered throughout the day.
Then, that evening between 6pm and 8pm, walk right over to the Deschutes River Conference Room of the Old Mill District Hampton Inn & Suites Hotel. Enjoy great BBQ from Cascade Catering, beer from Deschutes Brewery, visit with various Central Oregon Conservation Groups, enjoy a special fly fishing movie production by Todd Moen of Catch Magazine, and then try your luck in the event’s raffle drawing for some amazing products!
How do you get a raffle ticket, you ask? Tickets can be acquired on the day of the event in 1 of 2 ways…
- 1. Every $50 spent @ Confluence Fly Shop or Deep Canyon Outfitters on the day of the event, earns you 5 raffle tickets (example: $250 purchase = 25 tickets!)
- 2. (1) ticket can be purchased for $5 or (5) tickets for $20
- (5% of all ticket sales will go back to local conservation)
CASTING CLINIC SCHEDULE: (SATURDAY, APRIL 15, 2017 on the Old Mill Casting Course, Bend Oregon)
- 10:30am – “Improving Your Roll-Cast” – TYE KRUEGER – HOLE #10
- 12:30pm – “Casting Tips: Distance, Wind, Large Flies” – BRIAN O’KEEFE – HOLE #5
- 2:30pm – “Two-handed Rod Casting for Trout Fishermen” – JEREMIAH HOULE – HOLE #10
- 4:30pm – “ECHO Flyrods” – TIM RAJEFF – HOLE #1